Ally’s Holiday Energy-Saving AdventuresBack to news
Meet Ally, the Northern Engagement Officer here at Green Schools NS! Ally recently enjoyed a wonderful holiday break and wanted to share some fantastic ways she saved electricity during the festivities. Let’s take a peek into Ally’s eco-friendly holiday:
- Outdoor Playtime: Ally embraced the winter wonderland, spending quality time outside playing with her cousins and enjoying refreshing walks.
- Mindful Lighting: To conserve energy, Ally made it a habit to turn off her Christmas lights when not at home or during the daylight hours.
- Warm and Cozy: Ally opted for big, warm sweaters to stay cozy, allowing her to keep the heat lower. (Fun fact: She uses electric baseboard heaters in her rental.)
- DIY Decorations: Getting creative, Ally crafted her own decorations, adding a personal touch to her festive home.
- LED Lights: Switching to energy-efficient LED Christmas lights, Ally illuminated her space sustainably.
- Battery-Powered Glow: For a whimsical touch, Ally used battery-powered Christmas lights and ensured to charge the batteries when needed.
- Embracing Natural Light: Ally maximized natural light by keeping her curtains open, reducing the need for additional artificial lighting.
- Unplug to Save: Ally made a habit of unplugging appliances like the microwave, toaster, and coffee maker when not in use, contributing to energy savings.
Everything we do makes a difference, and when we work together, the impact is significant! Ally wishes everyone a splendid holiday season and a fantastic start to 2024. Let’s continue making a positive difference!