Happy March Break, Nova Scotia!Back To News
Are you enjoying your well-deserved March Break? We hope so!
There are so many ways to enjoy March Break each year, and you might be looking for more. Take a look at our recommendations for more ways to waste less and save energy this time of year:
- Get outside with Green Schools NS: Nature Scavenger Hunt or the Winter Adventures video
- Stuck inside? Try making your own seed paper for upcoming greeting cards (it’s almost Easter!): Seed Paper Activity
- It’s time to start planning your gardens, whether at school or at home: How to Grow a School Garden
- Heading away for a few days? Kick out the Phantom Power and waste less energy with the Power Down Checklist
- Music is a great way to learn about helping the Earth! Check out our list of Green Songs for the whole family.
- If you’re having screen-time, check out Shandel Brown’s documentary: Off-Grid: Generating Clean Energy in Cape Breton and learn more from the Off-Grid Support Package
- Plan your Earth Week activities such as a tree planting initiative using the Tree Planting Support Package
- Not sure where to take your outdoor adventure? See all the protected wilderness areas in Nova Scotia using this interactive map
- Step Outside Nature Guides from Resources 4 Rethinking, Mid-March 2018 issue: It’s all in the Song: Understanding Bird Calls
You may be inspired by organizations like these over March Break:
- Discovery Centre
- Programs at Halifax Public Libraries
- Shubenacadie Wildlife Park & Ducks Unlimited Wetland Centre of Excellence
- Hike NS
- Young Naturalists Club of Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History
- Unama’ki Institute of Natural Resources
- Nourish NS
- Ecology Action Centre
Want to share your event with our followers? Drop us a line on Facebook or Twitter! Remember, March is Canadian Agricultural Literacy Month, as well as Nutrition Month! Celebrate both with a trip to a local farmer’s market and bring your own bags to waste less and live more sustainably.
Leave a Reply