Introducing Efficiency Nova Scotia, Bright Futures Award!Back to stories
Hello Educators and Students! We now have a bursary for students heading to NSCC in the Fall!
We are accepting applications for our new bursary with Efficiency Nova Scotia and Nova Scotia Community College! We want to inspire youth to join green careers and we hope this opportunity will support students in Nova Scotia to reach their full potential!
There are 5 awards being offered for the Efficiency Nova Scotia Bright Futures Award.
$2,000 award – Diversity & Inclusivity award
4 x $1,500 awards
Southern NS (South Shore and Valley)
Northern NS (Shubenacadie-Canso Causeway)
What does this mean? It means you can actually apply no matter where you are based in Nova Scotia and that is a huge bonus!
Applicants must plan on being enrolled in one of the following NSCC programs (a “Program”):
- Electrical Technician
- Energy Sustainability Engineering Technology (ESET)
- Environmental Engineering Technology
- Electronic Engineering Technology
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning – Geothermal
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Entering year one in one of the above-listed Programs at NSCC;
2. Submit a brief essay on the topic of: How could your career advance efficiency and the ways we use energy in Nova Scotia in the next 10 years?
4. Applicants from an equity-seeking group are eligible for a diversity-specific award of $2,000.
More information can be found:
The Efficiency Nova Scotia Bright Futures Award – NSCC Student Awards (academicworks.ca)
The Efficiency Nova Scotia Bright Futures Diversity Award – NSCC Student Awards (academicworks.ca)